Funny how just a little bit of know how can go a long long way towards boosting your confidence and making you appear like you know what's going on! We have a new Referendarin at school (just the one to replace the four that finished last week) and suddenly I've found myself answering her questions about what to do, and how things usually work etc. - most bizarre.
Also in my (unplanned) quest to rise above being 'just an assistant', I not only taught Monday's lesson ganz allein (and in other classes take smaller groups out for conversation practise), today I was spontaneously called away from my free - in preference to a couple of the Referendare also there - to go and cover the rest of a Klasse 7 lesson whilst their teacher had to go to a meeting. Definite progress, just don't tell my rule-abiding mentor teacher!
As for the rest of the week, thanks to it being the end of the Halbjahr tomorrow, and 2 year groups being on Praktikum, I've still had quite a few lessons cancelled, but this time known about them all in advance - hurray! Walking anonymously round school has definitely been rendered near impossible now though. I don't often get very far without hearing a "Hello Mrs Groves!" (Yes, 'mrs'... they struggle to comprehend 'miss' as every adult in Germany automatically becomes known as 'Frau') - the year 6s are just too süß! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment