Tuesday, 23 November 2010

A visitor, coincidences, and winter cold

As I said last week went well - lessons went without mishap, I was finally being given more to do, and even located the photocopier, not to mention watching Harry Potter. However, winner of the most entertaining moment of the week has to go to Klasse 10 and their teacher. Their lesson was to have a debate about how to cope with teenage pregnancy, so everyone had been given a different role in society to play. After 3 of them had introduced themselves as two girls pregnant by the same guy, their teacher turned to me and said "Let's hope it wasn't a threesome!" Not the words I had expected to hear from her mouth!

Anyway, this weekend Claire came to visit :) and it proved to be a weekend of coincidences. Firstly when at the airport waiting to pick her up I bumped into Marina, and then when on the train we bumped into Ally, another assistant, also headed for Bonn - talk about chance! Anyway, after a trip to the chocolate museum, the Haribo outlet shop, and Bonn's Christmas market, I can safely say that I am more than excited for the next 4 weeks of Christmas and Glühwein not to mention flying home for the holidays, and the actual day itself!

As far as today goes, I discovered that a) Klasse 8's lesson which I had actually had to do planning for was cancelled, and b) that the prep I had done in readiness for tomorrow's Klasse 10 isn't needed until next week. Another half 9 finish for me then. However, on the plus side, my landlord has just popped round (again) with another piece of cake for me - I'm convinced he is trying to fatten me up!

However, I have to say that I find Saturday's weather forecast a little alarming...
Temperatur °C :    -4°
(gefühlt wie)*  : -3°  -8°

Needless to say I won't be complaining if they've got the forecast wrong!


* gefühlt wie = feels like
  Glühwein = mulled wine


(Tuesday 23. November 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment