Monday, 28 March 2011

Monday morning fail

Only Monday mornings could begin like this: firstly I managed to paper cut (well, slice) my thumb on a pile of photocopies; next I was woken from my somewhat dazed walk across the school to a group of lads from my class calling "hallo, Frau Groves, hallo? wir haben 604" aka. we had a room change which somehow they knew about and I didn't; and lastly I had to then face this class, my least favourite class of all, most of whom were not up for cooperating with me today. Fun. So glad it was my last lesson with them!

Monday then carried on its slightly bizarre manner when my middle two lessons were cancelled as years 9-12 were all to go to the hall to watch the Oberstufe's theatre play. Faced with the alternative of another hour and a half sat in the staffroom feigning busyness, I went along with. However, despite trying my best, I can safely say that I did not understand what on earth 'Der nackte Wahnsinn' was about - and not just because it was auf Deutsch, though that didn't help. Most bizarre play ever.

Still, it's lovely and sunny again now, and yesterday's afternoon at the 'beach' (well, a stony 'beach' along the banks of the Rhein in picturesque Kaiserswerth anyhow) was lovely. Now just to face my new 'speaking AG' tomorrow... (and my one out of three cancelled lessons).
Kaiserswerth

No comments:

Post a Comment