Still, that is a sign of just how amazing the weather has been this week :) Sitting in the sunshine alongside the Rhine eating ice cream is a way of spending my afternoon that I will never ever tire of. Summer weather in March, and afternoons free to enjoy it - who can complain?
Another win for Cologne is the cupcake cafe we ventured to today. Not only did we get to nom a delicious cupcake (I challenge anyone to eat two in one sitting), we also discovered a whole new Stadtteil, with a whole new selection of shops, of which miraculously only one was an H&M (compared to the 5 in the city centre!). Plus I still don't understand quite how our meandering brought us right back into the middle of the city, but it did, magic.
| "Dornröschen" - Sleeping Beauty |
Also noteworthy is that I actually worked all of my timetabled hours this week, not a single lesson was cancelled. Next week however, is my last one on this timetable before a quick change for my last 6 or so weeks of school left here :'( It also brings the (somewhat late) start of 'my' English speaking AG... ie. an after school conversation group, organised by another English teacher on my behalf (just as well she's friendly!) for able students in classes 8 and 9. Hence, on Tuesday afternoon, somewhere between 0 and 15 students should be turning up to voluntarily speak English....
No comments:
Post a Comment