Needless to say we didn't win, perhaps "I can" should have been "I can't"... Still, we didn't do embarrassingly badly, and even momentarily graced first position early on in the voting. I also spied an advert on TV for the channel RTL II, which used Blue's song as their soundtrack - not that they thought to give us any points as a sort of thank you though!
Back tracking to Friday, my landlord has been promising / insisting for a long time that before I left he would take me to dinner at the Hyatt 'glass restaurant' alongside the Rhein in Cologne. Friday was the day. Thankfully he invited along another of his friends, a very friendly and down to earth lady, who made the whole thing a thousand times less awkward. Still, I don't think I made any major etiquette errors, and on our way back we even saw a TV/film crew in action.
| Making final touches to the set of the next scene |
Tomorrow is back to school Monday (just 3 more left to go now) for what will be just a two day week thanks to our last language assistants meeting being in Köln on Tuesday (the day where I work literally half my weekly hours!).
Tasks for this week? Have an argument with O2. There is no way they can really need my Abmeldebestätigung from Germany then an Anmeldebestaetigung* from my "neuen Wohnsitz im Ausland" just to cancel an unlimited, pay as you use, contract. I'm going home, I'm hardly going to have proof of my registration there am I?! Idiots. Another example of contracts in Germany being impossible to get out of / cancel.
Some words from a WDR programme all about Cologne:
Die Kölner haben den Kühlschrank voll, die Düsseldorfer den Kleiderschrank!
*Confirmation of registration / deregistration
No comments:
Post a Comment