Sunday, 16 January 2011

First 10 days back in Deutschland

Somehow this week changed from dragging its heels at the start (after I had first Monday and then Tuesday off) to it suddenly being Sunday, and me feeling somewhat left behind! So just a quick round up of my first week back in Deutschland...

Starting with the positives, the best discovery has got to be white hot chocolate - beats any other hot drink hands down. Definitely a guilty pleasure, and definitely not been consumed twice this week already... Also having had most of my timetable changed, I think this term in school should be a little better, hopefully with me even being able to do a bit more :) The only downside? My day off being changed to a Tuesday - not a fat lot of use to anyone really, but at least I can still have a lie in day! Favourite class of the week? Klasse 7. When making up their own sentences to practise relative clauses (who/which/that) I looked over one lad's shoulder and read "The woman from England who is in my class is nice." Not bad considering all I'd done was introduce myself!

This weekend entailed a group of us missioning it to visit Heidi, in the happening (?!) little town of Morsbach. Such a pretty little place, but an absolute bugger to get to! As far as I'm concerned, this does not constitute a bus ...
The bus. In the bus station.
Not only that, but said bus only runs twice a day, on a good day, when the wind's blowing in the right direction, and definitely not on a Sunday. Still, at least the taxi drivers are friendly! Also, if you do ever find yourself stranded in Morsbach, don't rely on whiling away your hours in the pub - despite only opening at 5pm, by half 9 on a Saturday night, we turned up to find it had already closed! That aside, it's a very idyllic place, has a nice italian restaurant and it was lovely to catch up with people.
The pub that shut before half 9...
As for tomorrow, not only do I have to work both the first and the last lesson of the day (shocking, never mind lessons in between too), but I also have to help a small group of Klasse 6s practise a theatre play auf Englisch in order to help them with their pronunciation - should be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment