Saturday, 8 January 2011

Hallo Deutschland noch einmal

Even without the escapade that was my pre-Christmas journey home, yesterday's trip back to Germany would definitely count as one of the easiest ever. No delays or cancellations, a lift back from the station and the bonus of my landlord having restocked my fridge in readiness. German sausage, cheese, bread etc. anyone?!
ein kleines deutsches Abendessen
aka. dinner German stylee
What's more, I have returned to an uncannily warm Bergisch Gladbach! Admittedly it's a touch windy and seemingly prone to dark skies and rain showers, but with a high today of 14° it's practically tropical!

I don't have to be back in school until Tuesday, (fingers crossed my mentor teacher might have actually cooked up a timetable for me by then but I wouldn't place bets on it!), which leaves the last weekend of the holidays to be enjoyed as they should be - lazily... albeit in some kind of limbo where my body has returned to Germany, but my head is still swimming in English-ness.

No comments:

Post a Comment