Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Gummersbach, teaching,and a productive day off

This weekend we went on a trip to Gummersbach to visit Marina in the nicest WG ever. Compared to Bergisch, this town is a bustling metropolis. After massive amounts of chinese food, a proper student night in with her German flatmates, and a mere 3 hours sleep, we woke up to fresh snowfall. Totally unecessary, but all is forgiven thanks to good company, and the fact that it actually looked quite pretty in the snow.

This is Gummers
Yesterday I kept up my act of being a proper teacher and took Klasse 6 for conversation lessons, helped in a back-chat filled year 11 class, used my frees to prep lessons, battled the photocopier, taught a Klasse 8 lesson ganz allein, and even filled out their Klassenbuch - progress! That said, battling the photocopier didn't prove quite so successful as I discovered I now appeared to have 60 copies of a worksheet for a class of 26... British vs. American English anyone?

Most bizarre moment of the day? Watching some people pick and help an injured pigeon sat under a tree in town.

As for today, I had an überly productive day off including a trip to the hairdressers (second time round it's a much more enjoyable experience when you know some of the right vocab / know they aren't going to cut all your hair off!) Whilst there and eaves dropping other people's conversations - you know you do it too! - I heard them describing February as 'the snow month'. Fab.

And tomorrow? 45 minute work day! Prize goes to Fr. Neumann for, despite being ill, actually telling me that I don't need to be in, even if a lie in at the cost of someone being ill feels a little schadenfreude-esque...

No comments:

Post a Comment