It may have been on the last day before the holidays but today I had proof I have officially made it in the staffroom, and have my own designated place! Well... I still have to share chairs with the Referendare but today I arrived to find some lesson prep left ready for me on "my" seat - impressive.
I have also found my two favourite classes. There's Klasse 6's Förderunterricht where the class is split between 2 teachers for writing and speaking development lessons. I help with the speaking half, which basically entails spending 45 minutes talking and playing games with about fifteen 10/11 year olds. This group also has the sweetest ever little lad, definitely my favourite pupil of the moment. (Nb. their teacher is also reallyyy camp, and went to Leeds uni for a year!) My second favourite class is my Friday morning double lesson with Klasse 5. They have only just started learning English (today involved performing an alphabet rap and learning objects in a classroom) and worksheets involving colouring in are still exciting. Also Frau Neumann always makes sure I'm properly involved and have things to do which is lovely :) The only slight problem is they need a lot of basic vocabulary, and I am fast dicovering that my basic vocabulary is somewhat lacking. Ah, maybe I should take up reading a dictionary....
Anyhow, holidays are here, and I now have 2 weeks where I don't have to beat the sun getting up every morning. Nice as it is have seen the starts of many sunrises on my way to school (Yf readers take note!) I wouldn't mind sleeping through a few! Muchly looking forward to having visitors as well as being a visitor :)
Also, Leeds Uni 'desktop anywhere', I ♥ you. You may crash sometimes, and your sound and video may be out of sync and a little poor in quality, but you let me watch iplayer, and for that I am greatful.
No comments:
Post a Comment