Sunday, 31 October 2010

Herbst

I don't really feel that I have much of interest to share from this week, but for those of you who keep checking here's a couple of pictures of the setting sun lighting up the trees in all their prettiful autumnal colours :)



Just a quick synopsis of my week then.

School passed fairly averagely, no problems, but equally nothing that exciting to report... Friday I finished teaching at half 9, so with effectively a 4-day weekend I went off to explore a town called Königswinter, which is home to Drachenfels, one of the Siebengebirge ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siebengebirge ... Apparently it's quite a popular tourist town in the summer, but needless to say it was somewhat quieter at the end of October. The little train up Drachenfels still runs though, and the view from the top is stunning. Add in a couple of trips to Köln, and there you have it, the end of October. (Also totally didn't realise that being paid in advance meant that Friday was once again pay day - bonus!)

November 1st is a bank holiday here thanks to the Catholics celebrating Allerheiligen (all saints day), meaning tomorrow is 'unterrichtsfrei'. Not such a big deal for me seeing as I have Mondays off anyway, but I still appreciate the notion.

No comments:

Post a Comment