Well, I wasn't planning on updating this so soon, but my first day back in school proved a touch more interesting than an average day.
Firstly, it was still properly dark when I walked to school, and the with clear skies you could still perfectly see the moon and stars. I would probably have appreciated this much more however, if it wasn't so freezing cold, and I hadn't had to drag myself out of bed.
Secondly, I somehow managed to miss going to my first lesson today, despite being in the school and only about 30 seconds walk from the classroom - fail. But the teacher didn't know I was meant to be there either, so all's okay.
Thirdly, I have now been assigned the role of sitting with the kid in 'Klasse 5' who is somehwhat slow at understanding even really basic English, and starts to cry if she gets asked a question too many times. Challenge set.
Fourthly, I have already been picked up on having a Kölsch accent! I guess that's a good thing really, as it must mean that I am picking up some German, but I didn't feel it was necessary for it to be pointed out to anyone else who was around at the time.
And fifthly, I actually did some proper teaching today. Not just helping out, or going through exercises etc., but actually teaching a grammar point - 'The Present Perfect Progessive' to Klasse 8. No I wasn't entirely sure what it was either, and even nearly wrote the wrong title on the board, but a hiccup or two aside, it all seemed to go quite well. Must practise writing with chalk though.
Anyway, now to find something beginning with a vowel to have in my bag ready for tomorrow's 'a' / 'an' lesson...
No comments:
Post a Comment