Today two teachers in two separate conversations both told me that they had had a bad night's sleep because it was a full moon - 'Schlaflosigkeit bei Vollmond' apparently... Perhaps I am just an ignorant being, but I have never heard of this phenonemon before. Personally, I can't even remember how I slept last night, let alone what size the moon was! All I know is that once more my 6am alarm came too soon.
Also, after one of my lessons today (where I actually did something useful - yey!) one of the Klasse 8 girls came up to me and said "Do you have facebook?". Well flattering as it is that she at least doesn't hate me, I'm definitely not opening up that slippery slope! A polite reminder that I was her teacher was required. That class could go one of 2 ways, either completely play me up, or actually be vaguely respectful, here's hoping for the latter.
I have also received a letter from some form of German authority asking for a biometric passport photograph - eh?! Definitely gonna have to ask someone about that one....
Lastly, it's officially been 2 weeks since I moved out here, and thanks to the school secretary I have been moved up in the world as my birthday is now on the staff list.
Oh, and seeing as I complained about the rain, I should really acknowledge just how amazingly gloriously sunny it's been today. After my landlord caught me sitting in the window to catch some sun, he then twice, no 3 times, told me I could have sat in his garden, and that if it was sunny again tomorrow I was to let myself through his gate the cheat way. Bless.
(Wednesday 22nd Sep. 10)
No comments:
Post a Comment