Tuesday, 28 September 2010

A 'my life is average' entry

I would love to say that the reason I haven't updated this is because I've been stupendously busy, but that would be lying. I've worked much fewer hours at school this week, so of course on cue the weather has turned cold and drizzly - typical. Also, I have been assured on more than one occasion that there really isn't that much to do Bergisch Gladbach... but as of Friday Semester tickets come into play and free travel across NRW is to be enjoyed!

School so far this week has involved...
...answering the same 3 questions about 25 times as each child in a class of 9/10 year olds played detective with me.
...a listening exercise with hilariously dodgy English/American/Australian accents!
...annoyingly having first lesson cancelled today - that could have been at least another crucial 45 minutes in bed.
...a 10.25 finish this morning.
Oh, and the school staffroom got broken into over the weekend!

Also, flights home for Christmas and train tickets to Leipzig during Herbstferien have been booked :) And plans are in place for the next couple of days. Now to apologise to my various bank accounts... Stipendium* - we need you!


(Tuesday 28th September)

* Stipendium = grant, our pay basically!

No comments:

Post a Comment