Sundays in Germany are still 'rest days' and most of the shops etc. are shut. So I followed suit and had a very lazy morning. One problem with electrical shutters is that your landlord can hear what time you open them!
For a bit of fresh air this afternoon I went on a bit of an exploration of the forests that are literally just behind where I live. On my travels I found...
- a forest where they used to bury people's ashes :/
- some goats / rams that were exactly have black, and half white
- the road where some of the posh people live (3 garages per castle like house)
- a really quite spectacular view over Cologne through a clearing in the trees
Also I like that the local radio station, Radio Berg, has the catchphrase "London, New York, Paris, Bergisch Gladbach". They wish!
Off to Altenberg tomorrow for the training course, and some real life English people my age, how exciting.
And of course true to form here, it's now raining. Again.
(Sunday 12th September 2010)
No comments:
Post a Comment