I'm not really going to keep up updating this so often, but for now? Well here you go.
Heute habe ich eine Erkältung bekommen - not cool. To those non-German speakers of you ogling at my life out here, I've got a cold. Heavy head, sore throat and everything :( This has not been helped by being up soon after 6 this morning. An early night is once more in order. Damn pesky germ-ridden kids!
Today I followed Klasse 8, they're not so keen to work as Friday's lot, but quite a friendly bunch and also somewhat chatty which was nice, until one of their teachers kindly 'advised' me not to let them 'duzen' me - I hadn't even noticed! Still one of the kids had lived in America for 7 years, so once a few of them clocked I was English they raced to get her attention, and a fluent conversation in English could be had, blissful. Only problem will be when I actually have to teach her class, and her English will be on par with mine, and her German much better. Maybe I should just hand over to her?
Also I met my other Betreuungslehrer for the first time today, he's a chirpy chappy! He's quite young, head of the department and did an assistanship in Wales so knows what the score is and what it's like, bonus.
For now I think it might be time to rest my head again and hope that tomorrow I am once more blessed with the ability to breathe. Bleurgh.
(Monday 20th September 2010)
No comments:
Post a Comment